Plaça Josep Tarradellas
Plaça Josep Tarradellas was built in 1936 as a result of the work of covering the stream of Galligans, which at about two kilometres long crosses the city from west to east. In 1968 a monument was erected in the square in honour of Pep Ventura – an illustrious native and the father of the national dance of Catalonia, the sardana. This square was formerly called URSS and Victoria, but once democracy was reinstated it was given the name of the then president of the Generalitat de Catalunya, Josep Tarradellas.
- Plaça Josep Tarradellas